Camping is one of the fun outdoor activities to bond with everyone in the family. Family tent is one of the things that you can’t miss, and we know why you are here. Family tent is the type of tent that has large space that can accommodate from 3 to more people. But before you purchase, there are a few things that you should know first. Family tents are large, and of course, quite pricey which is why you need to consider thoroughly before getting one. There is a buyer’s guide below that we have to help you out, take a look.
Family Tents Buyer’s Guide
There is plenty of family tents on the markets, and that might make things difficult to know which to pick. To narrow your choices down to just the best, this buyer’s guide is here to give you some tips. There are some important things that you need to know and consider before buying a family tent. We have listed the main points that you should have in mind in the list below, they will surely help you.
Ask yourself how big you want your tent to be, how many people are going to sleep in that tent. If you need moving space when you sleep, you know you should go for the bigger ones. Actually, 4-person tents are likely to be comfortable for two people because they provide space for gears and movement. So if there are 4 people in the adventure, you should go for a 6-person tent. It is always better to have extra space to sleep than squeezing in the tent uncomfortably, isn’t it?
Based on our camping experience, ventilation plays extremely important part in camping especially in dry and humid conditions. The weather tend to get stuffy at night in some areas, and sleeping in the tent is super uncomfortable. You will experience many types of discomfort from sweating to tossing and turning and many more. That is why you should look for a camping tent that has roof ventilation so that there will be some air circulation. As a matter of fact, go for the tents with as many ventilation provided as possible. Not being able to breathe properly will make you feel unwell in the morning, and that won’t be a fun camping experience.
That refers to the functions of the tents along with the comfort that they provide for everyone inside. Always go for the ones that are waterproof, sustainable, and tough enough to withstand strong wind and rain. You wouldn’t want to end up sleeping under the tree because the wind takes the roof of your tent on a stormy night. That is why you should look for family tents that are sturdy and robust enough to withstand camping conditions. Zippers are also important, having a snake or a racoon sneaking inside at night would be too adventurous. Always go for the ones with safe zippers.
There are a lot of more things to consider in a family camping tent, and we want to make things easier for you. So we have searched and provided 10 of the best family tents that you can take into consideration. Each tent we recommend comes with great quality, and they are perfect for any adventures you take. You might want to take a look first, and we hope that you find what are looking for from us.
- 1. 8-Person Family Klondlike Tent by Wenzel
- 2. Straight Wall Cabin Family Tent by Core
- 3. Trail Family Cabin Tent by Ozark
- 4. Big Family Camping Tent by Browning Camping
- 5. 14-Person Family Tent by Fortunershop
- 6. 14-Person Large Family Cabin Tent by Tahoe Gear
- 7. Large Family Camping Tent by Americ Empire
- 8. Cabin Family Tent by Coleman
- 9. Large Family Tent by Timber Ridge
- 10. Big Camping Family Tent by cmarte
1. 8-Person Family Klondlike Tent by Wenzel
Here we have a family dome tent that comes with both quality and style that you can take into consideration. The tent features attached screen room that you can chill out without having to get out of the tent. This whole family tent is made from weather repellent polyester along with polyurethane coating. That is to ensure that the quality is incredible while remaining durable for years of use.
On top of that, it features full mesh roof option as well as double-staked power corners for convenience and stability. This tent is protective and cozy, and no rain and wind can ruin your adventure when you’re inside this tent. Inside, it can accommodate up to 7 sleeping bags with space to spare for backpack storage. The ventilation from the tent is great, and it can withstand all types of weather. Stylish and durable, this family tent probably matches your preferences.
- The tent is built to stand due to the construction from high quality materials
- The interior of the tent is spacious and roomy which is ideal for family camping
- Both the ventilation and ability to withstand the weathers is great
- The dark colored rainfly makes the tent a little too hot during the day
2. Straight Wall Cabin Family Tent by Core
Cabin tent makes one super comfortable option to choose for a family camping adventure. This one right here is made from high quality materials to ensure both quality and durability for years. There are large meshed windows that provide air circulation while keeping the insects and bugs out. Inside the tent, there is a gear loft with lantern hook as well as pockets to keep your valuables organized. This tent can accommodate up to 10 people, and you can fit two queen air mattresses inside it with ease. It comes in a set that includes the tent, poles, rainfly, gear loft, room divider, stakes, and a carry bag. Such complete package with such good price, this option is highly recommended.
- The tent is large and spacious which is ideal for large family camping
- It is made from high quality material to ensure durability and stability for long term use
- It comes with a room divider that creates two room inside the tent for privacy
- The tent is waterproof, and the ventilation is great
- It takes quite sometime and a few people to set up the tent
3. Trail Family Cabin Tent by Ozark
By the size, you can already tell that this tent is perfect for large family camping adventure. In fact, yes. This camping tent has enough sleeping room for up to 10 people with space to spare. You can fit three queen-sized mattresses inside this tent easily, and there is still more space for extra storage. Since it is a large tent, you can divide it into 3 rooms with ease. The tent is made from high quality material to make sure you that it is perfect enough during your adventure for years. Another great part is that it can withstand the weather especially rain very well. The tent is very easy to set up and take down, and family camping will be a fun experience with it.
- The tent provides large space and room for up to 10 people
- It is waterproof which is ideal for camping adventures at any time of the year
- The tent is durable and stable, and it is breathable which is comfortable to sleep in
- It is very easy to set up and take down, and its price is reasonable
- It does not withstand wind very well, and the poles tend to snap if there is strong wind
4. Big Family Camping Tent by Browning Camping
This is a free-standing tent that comes with high quality fiberglass poles and steep uprights. That is to ensure ultimate strength and stability on windy or rainy during your camping adventure. The tent has six large windows along with two doorways and mesh roof for easy entry and ventilation. At the same time, this tent is made from high quality materials to make sure that it is durable and tough. The weather might be harsh on you, but this tent can always keep everyone inside dry and safe. It can accommodate up to 8 people inside, but it is not too large or bulky to bring along with at all. Such great combination makes this camping tent one of the best to choose for your next camping adventure.
- The tent provides enough space for campers to stand inside without having to crawl or kneel
- The doorways and windows are large for easy access and great ventilation
- The tent is durable and comfortable, and it is easy to set up and take down
- The fly and floor seams are factory-sealed for optimal wet-weather protection
- This tent does not do very well with strong winds
5. 14-Person Family Tent by Fortunershop
For large families that want to go camping and stay in the same tent, this is the perfect choice for you. This tent is large enough to accommodate up to 14 people, and you can divide it into 4 rooms with the dividers. On top of that, there are 4 doors that provide separate exit and entry to each room along with 12 windows. Inside, you can fit up to 5 queen air mattresses with space to spare for the storage of your belongings. There are also mesh pockets that you can easily store your phones and other valuables. This tent is huge, and you will surely love the quality and durability that it provides.
- The tent is large and spacious which is ideal for big family campings
- There are many doors and windows that provide great visibility and ventilation
- It takes only around 20 minutes to set up the whole tent
- The zippers tend to be malfunction sometimes
6. 14-Person Large Family Cabin Tent by Tahoe Gear
Here we have another large family tent for 14 people but with a different design that you might like. This tent is very large, practical, and comfortable which is simply an ideal choice for a lot of people. The wall and the ceiling of this tent is high which allows campers to move easily without having to crawl. The tent is made from durable polyester which makes it comfortable during both warm and cool weather. At the same time, this family tent is very durable due to the design from high quality materials. The space inside is large, and its breathability is great both day and night. This family tent is ideal for all types of camping, and you really should check it out.
- The tent is durable, comfortable, and stable for camping
- The space inside is large, and it can accommodate up to 14 people
- The interior of the tent is breathability and spacious for ultimate comfort
- The tent is easy to set up and take down
- Campers might need larger stakes on windy days
7. Large Family Camping Tent by Americ Empire
The construction from waterproof polyester makes this camping tent super durable and tough for all types of weather conditions. This huge family tent can accommodate up to 12 people, and you can fit up to 6 queen mattresses or 14 sleeping bags. There are 2 doors, 6 windows, and many interior pockets for extra storage. You can also divide the tent into 3 different rooms using the dividers as well which is convenient. With the size and the durability, this tent is surprisingly lightweight and small when folded. This tent is very comfortable and cozy, and it is one of the best family tents that you should take into consideration.
- The tent is a hundred percent waterproof, and it does not leak on rainy days at all
- It is roomy and breathable inside which is comfortable to sleep
- There is enough room for up to 14 people with space to spare
- The tent is compact, lightweight, and easy to set up
- Not recommended to use in areas with strong wind
8. Cabin Family Tent by Coleman
Coleman always provide with great quality camping products, and this one of them. This tent comes with cabin design that is simply comfortable and convenient. The coolest part is that it features built-in closet with shelves and hanger bar for easy clothing organization. How fancy is that, right? That is not all, the room inside the tent is spacious enough to accommodate up to 6 people. As for the quality, it is durable and protective especially on rainy days. This tent comes with strong seams, frame, and zippers that stay strong no matter what the weather will be. It can withstand strong winds, and it is very easy to use. When it comes to the best family tents, this option has to be in the list.
- It can withstand strong winds with speed up to 35mph
- The tent is spacious and roomy inside
- It is durable, comfortable, and stable
- The tent is compact and portable when packed
- Can be a little small for tall campers
9. Large Family Tent by Timber Ridge
The sturdy structure of this tent makes it super durable and strong, and it is ideal for any adventure. This camping tent has two side windows along with front and behind windows to provide maximum cross ventilation. There is a large space inside that you can divide into two different rooms for 10 people inside. This dome tent is easy to enter and exit, and it is very steady and durable for long term use. The whole thing is very easy to install, and it even comes in a bag for easy storage and portability. As for the zippers which is what everyone concerns about most, they work absolutely fine with this tent. This family tent comes with both quality and durability, definitely one great option to choose.
- There are doors and windows for ventilation
- The tent is very durable and comfortable to use
- The quality of the tent last for years which is ideal for long term use
- The tent sways when there is strong wind, but it stays put
10. Big Camping Family Tent by cmarte
Camping with style won’t be any difficult when this family tent is your choice. The tent comes with super big size that provides enough room for up to 6 adults to sleep comfortably inside. The height of the tent is also great since you can stand and walk inside the tent without having to bend or crawl. As for the ventilation, this tent provides superior air circulation with their 4 mesh windows on each side of the tent. There are even mesh windows on the roof for additional ventilation, stuffy nights won’t be a problem with this tent. It is also waterproof and moisture-proof as well, so camping will be super fun and comfortable.
- The tent is sturdy enough to resist wind
- The space inside is roomy for ultimate camping experience
- This tent is durable, reliable, and tough which is ideal for long term use
- The breathable and comfortable design is to ensure comfort for campers inside all night long
- It does not come with a top cover
You may also like to read this: Top 10 best bunk beds review