One of the best ways to keep track on your performance during your daily running and exercise is by using GPS running watches. This type of watch does not only record your performance but also works as your assistant to keep you healthy. When not in workout session, GPS running watches function as normal watches that show you time, notifications, and more. This type of watch is a smart one, and they are very functional to have especially for those who workout regularly. Things can be difficult for those who are new to them, so take a look at our buyer’s guide below. We provide you some tips and tricks that will help you decide faster, check them out.
GPS Running Watches Buyer’s Guide
Just like most expensive devices, GPS running watches require some consideration before buying. There are many things that they can do, and there are also many things to think before buying one as well. We have listed a few main points that you should know before you buy a GPS running watch. Take a read, and you might have a clearer idea on what to look in your new watch.
The best GPS running watches can track multiple types of workouts apart from running such as swimming, cycling, and more. This type of watch offers the ability to perform multiple types of activities during your workout accurately. Another feature to look for is the navigation such as built-in electronic compass that reroute back to where you started. Don’t forget to select the one that displays current altitude and the amount of elevation gained during your workouts. Those are very helpful functions, and a good GPS running watch always come with these functions.
Battery life is very important with devices like this one, the longer it lasts the better it performs. Some GPS watches offer long battery life as many as 20 hours or more. That is the type of watch that you should have, you can use it longer and you won’t have to charge it every day. Not just the battery life, you also need to think about the quality of the battery too. There are poor quality GPS watches whose battery life lasts long for just a while then died out very quick later. You need to make sure that the one that you choose does not have that problem. That is why reading reviews is very important.
The choice of your GPS running watch depends on the information that you want your watch to give you. If you want the watch to show just the distance, pace, and time, go for the basic or mid-level ones. If just the heart rate data, choose a watch with HRM. In case you prefer the ones for daily activity tracking, select a basic watch that offers activity tracking. As for the watch that shows advanced training info, a mid-level or advanced watch will do the job. Or if you want the best GPS running watches, take a look at options that we have selected below.
Sounds complicated and all, but things are easier at the end of the day. In case you still find it difficult, we have 10 highly recommended GPS running watches that you can take into consideration. Each option we provide includes with quality and affordable which is suitable for all users out there. Feel free to take a look and make decision, they are all amazing.
- 1. Forerunner GPS Running Watch by Garmin
- 2. Pace GPS Multisport Watch by Coros
- 3. Professional Outdoor Running GPS by runtopia
- 4. GPS Running Watch by Polar
- 5. GPS Running Watch by Lukawait
- 6. Peak HR Running GPS Unit by Sunnto
- 7. GPS Running Watch by MorePro
- 8. GPS Running Watch by TomTom
- 9. GPS Running Watch by Amazfit
- 10. Waterproof GPS Running Watch by DoSmarter
1. Forerunner GPS Running Watch by Garmin
This is one of the latest GPS watches from Garmin, and its updated quality is totally amazing. It comes with a larger screen but with the same physical size for a better view but with style. Also, its battery life for 11 hours in GPS mode and up to 9 days in watch mode. The cool part is that it features the based heart rate sensor hat tracks your heart rate 24/7 with accuracy. At the same time, the watch also receives audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times as well. Apart from that, this GPS running watch also offers notifications such as incoming email, text messages, call alerts, and many more. It is super functional and stylish, and it is one of the best options for you to choose. There are 3 colors available, the choice is all yours.
- The watch tracks distance, pace, time, heart rate, and more
- It provides smart notifications such as email, call, text, social media, and other alerts
- The display is large for easy view
- The battery life is long
- The band is not too stylish, but it works fine
2. Pace GPS Multisport Watch by Coros
If you do more than just running sometimes and want a watch to keep track on your activities, this is the watch for you. This watch features a wrist based heart rate monitor and performance metrics. That means you can use it for running, swimming, and cycling which is more convenient. On top of that, the watch comes with a power efficient central core that allows for a longer battery life. Its battery life lasts up to 30 days in standard mode and up to 25 hours in GPS mode. That is not all, the watch also features built-in Barometric Altimeter for more accurate elevation readings which is super cool. Also, it provides and receives notifications from your phone just like most smart watches which is a total plus. There are 3 colors available, feel free to take a look.
- It is ideal for multiple uses such as swimming and biking not just for running
- The watch can deliver your performance metrics whenever you need it
- It provides accurate elevation readings
- It is lightweight and stylish to have
- Some features are quite new and a little difficult to use
3. Professional Outdoor Running GPS by runtopia
For runners who want a watch they can use solely for their daily running activities, this is the perfect option. This watch comes with S1 GPS running feature with heart rate monitor and GPS. So it tracks your distance, running data, running route, and guide your running via app on your smartphones. It is super functional, and it is very easy to use and operate. More than that, the watch also comes with professional system that assists you in daily use such as notifications and reminder as well. The size of the watch is compact but the display is wide which is exactly a great combination of a good watch. It is stylish and functional, perhaps you might want to check it out.
- The watch comes with 24-hour PPG photoelectric heart rate monitoring
- It is functional which is very easy to use and operate
- It provides every basic function in a watch for convenient use
- This watch is stylish and durable to have
- There are very few menu options
4. GPS Running Watch by Polar
Here we have an advanced sports watch that every runner out there should own one. This GPS running watch is packed with features that every dedicated runner wants to have in a watch. It provides wrist-based heart rate long with integrated GPS which makes running super easy, safe, healthy, recorded. With this watch, you will be able to see how your running performance is developing. It calculates your heart rate and speed data after every run to show your progress right away. As for the battery life, it is capable of providing up to 30 hours of training which is more convenient. The watch is lightweight and stylish, and this can be your next GPS running watch.
- It features polar flow that track your workouts and analyze your progress at all time
- The watch comes with wrist-based heart rate to provide more accurate data
- It tracks your aerobic fitness level as well as other workout routines that you do every day
- There are frequent sync errors
5. GPS Running Watch by Lukawait
With built-in GPS and GLONASS, this running watch is definitely one of an awesome kind that you should have. It can receive satellite signal, and it does not only show your optimal speed but also your average speed. For hardcore runners, this watch comes with 7 running mode along with 17 other sports modes. Those include freestyle, distance mode, duration mode, energy mode, fat burning, endurance, and CPET. You can also use it to track your cycling, basketball, swimming, and other sports and exercise besides running as well. This watch shows different heart rate status, and it also shows notifications from your phone as well. This one works nicely, and its durability is also amazing.
- The watch shows heart rate and other data on your exercise
- It is ideal for running and many other types of sports
- The watch is 50 meters water resistant
- It provides accurate data
- The touchscreen is a little too sensitive
6. Peak HR Running GPS Unit by Sunnto
Stylish and functional, this is one of the highly recommended options of GPS running watches that you should have. The watch is designed to deliver stable and accurate altitude and weather information for the best running experience every day. It comes with built-in altimeter, barometer, compass, and GPS with 100 meter water resistance which is exactly a perfect combination. The best part is that its battery lasts very long, up to 200 hours with 1 minute accuracy which is absolutely incredible. All you need to do is connect the watch to your smartphone to sync your activities and receive your notifications. The whole thing is very easy and cool to use and have, and we highly recommend this option. This GPS running watch is very easy to use, and its stylish design is totally irresistible.
- The watch is ideal for many types of outdoor sports
- It provides various route navigation and track back
- This watch is durable, water resistant, and very easy to use
- The stylish design makes it a total plus to have
- It is a little big for some users
7. GPS Running Watch by MorePro
Just like most high quality running watches in our list, this one also comes with built-in GPS. The efficient GPS provides accurate data support for 17 different sport modes in the watch itself. It makes things extra easy for you to collect data such as path, distance, and speed easily. On top of that, the watch is also waterproof as well which means you can also use it when you swim. The cool part is that this watch includes with 3 professional swimming modes including energy, time, and pool swim. No matter what exercise you do, this watch is always be there for you. That is not all, it also comes with 24/7 heart rate monitor that lets you know your heart rate data all the time. Plus with the responsive touchscreen and smart notifications, this GPS running watch is one great option to choose.
- The watch offers 24/7 heart rate monitor that targets 6 heart rate zones
- Its battery life lasts from 5 to 7 days on a single charge
- It is compatible with both Android and iOS
- It provides accurate data and information
- The watch is super functional and durable for long term use
8. GPS Running Watch by TomTom
Designed for runners, this GPS running watch does a lot of things to provide just the best and accurate data for you. It measures time, distance, pace, calories burned, and live stats on the go. Runners will surely love it because it is super slim, lightweight, and waterproof which is usable at all time. The cool part is that it features extra large display with just one button control for easy use and operate. There are training programs as well as heart rate monitor pairing to deliver just the best for you. You can connect it with your smartphones, and it also shows notifications from the phone as well. This one is among the best, and it is recommended by many runners.
- Its heart rate monitor function track fitness and monitor your workout intensity
- It is stylish, slim, lightweight, waterproof, and durable which is ideal for long term use
- You can use for different types of sports and exercise besides running
- The battery life is not too long, but it is good to for the whole day
9. GPS Running Watch by Amazfit
The unique thing about this GPS watch is that you can use it not with just running but also more. You can use it at the gym, trail, in the pool and more which is super awesome. It comes with simple functions that we need in a watch like distance and score. It tracks every aspect of your daily fitness, steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and many more. The best part is that this watch is super comfortable since its soft rubber keep the wrist feels great. It is also very lightweight and durable at the same time, many users are very happy with this option. Both the design and the quality are great, and you really should check this one out.
- The watch comes with unparalleled quality and craftsmanship
- There are more than 14 sport modes, and the watch is water resistance
- It offers up to 35 hours non-stop tracking along with its built-in GPS
- It is stylish and durable, and it is perfect for all users
- The brightness of the screen is kind of limited
10. Waterproof GPS Running Watch by DoSmarter
Here we have an all-in-one smart watch that provides all-day activities tracker, waterproof, blood pressure, and automatic smart heart rate. There are many things that this watch can do from showing notifications and many more from your phone. It is the personal health tracker that features built-in optical sensors that measure heart rate effectively. The watch can also measure your blood pressure and blood oxygen levels from the app. On top of that, it keeps you in touch to let you know the important events and many more. This watch comes with high quality and performance, and there are 3 colors that you can choose from. This option is incredible, you should take a look at this one.
- It helps you get motivated and ready to start your day with your daily workouts
- It delivers all the functions helpful to keep you health and updated
- The display is large, and the screen offers excellent HD image quality
- Both the design and the quality are great which is ideal for all users
- The battery life of the watch is not perfect
You may also like to read this: Top 10 best family tents review