When it comes to space saving and small rooms, bunk beds make the best solution. So we all know that bunk bed is a type of bed that has two or three beds in one unit. At some points, kids love bunk beds for the fact that they get to sleep with their siblings without separating the room. Also, things are way convenient when your children have friends to sleep over. There are also bunk beds for adults as well, in case you wonder and want to have one. So if you are looking for the best bunk beds, we are here to introduce you some along with a buying guide. Read the guide first so that you will have some ideas to look for in your new bunk beds, enjoy!
Bunk Beds Buyer’s Guide
Buying a set of bunk bed is not too difficult if you know the tricks, and this guide will show you some. There are a few important yet simple things that you should know before buying a bunk bed. With different types and designs as well as many other more, some people find it hard sometimes to make decision. To make it easy for you to select just the right bunk bed, check out the main things to consider before buying bunk bed below.
It is true that bunk beds are space saving, but you will need to consider about space as well. The space to think is the space between the bunk bed and the ceiling. Make sure that there is enough space for your kids to at least sit straight on top of their bunk bed. You wouldn’t want them to get up on a Monday morning late for school rushing and bumping their head on the ceiling. No matter how short or tall your children are, the space between their heads and the ceiling is always important.
This is one of the things that matter most when buying a bunk bed, and you cannot overlook this part. Bunk beds come in several sizes and configurations to meet different people’s preferences. The most common and highly recommended one is twin over twin, but twin over full or full over full also do. Think about how long you are going to have them sleeping in the bunk beds before they will grow into it. If possible, go for the one with larger space so that you won’t have to buy another one in the next few years.
Most bunk beds are made from either wood or metal, and each of them has their own pros and cons. Wooden bunk bed come in a variety of wood types as well as finishes, but always take a look at the frame. The more durable and sturdier the frame, the longer the bunk bed will last. On the flip side, they can be cumbersome to move at some point. As for metal bunk bed, they are less expensive and more modern and stylish to have in minimalist designed room. The main drawback of metal bunk bed is that they can become squeaky over time or even become rusty. However, the high quality ones won’t cause much of a trouble which is why you should keep reading.
If you know what you want in a bunk bed from our guide, you should be ready to shop. However before you go, you might want to take a look at 10 of our highly recommended choices first. We bring some best bunk beds that you can easily pick out for your kids without having you searched the internet. Don’t forget to take a look and see in case you find one great choice for their rooms.
1. Twin Over Twin Wood Bunk Bed by Mainstay
With solid wood construction, this wooden bunk bed is not only durable but also very sturdy. It features a sturdy frame with an integrated four-step built-in ladder for safety. The bunk bed also comes with standard twin size coil spring mattresses as well which is a plus. On the top bunk, the bed features guard rails to prevent the kids from falling when they are sleeping. That makes it extra safe for young kids or those who toss and turn in their sleep. The whole thing is very easy to assemble, and you can easily convert them into two twin beds as well. This bunk bed is available in multiple finished options that you can choose from, the choice is all yours.
- The bed features durable and sturdy construction to ensure long term performance
- It comes with safety guard rails on the top bunk for safety
- The bed is easy to assemble, and you can convert it into twin beds easily
- The space between each bed is a little small
2. Twin Triple Bunk Bed by Dorel Asia
Here we have a unique triple bunk bed that can accommodate up to 3 people in just one room. The awesome thing about this triple bunk bed is that it features a great finish, clean lines, and horizontal slats. There are also two built-in ladders for quick access to the upper bunks easily and safely as well. On top of that, each bed boasts its own space by providing dependable and easy access both in and out. That is not all, it features the unique floor design that allows you to maximize your space. The whole bunk bed is study, solid, and durable which is ideal for long term use. Not to mention that it is stylish, this makes a great compliment for any room to assemble it in.
- The bed features high quality wood design to ensure durability
- It comes with floor bunk bed design that optimizes space in the room
- You can easily assemble and convert it into a bunk bed, day bed, or three twin beds
- It takes a little long to assemble albeit the process is easy
3. Full Over Full Metal Bunk Bed by DHP
In case you want a sturdy metal bunk bed, this is one of the highly recommended options for you. This bunk bed comes with metal slats to provide support and durability, and you can use it without a box or spring. At the same time, it also includes full length guardrails for the upper bed to provide extra safety for rolly kids as well. The unique part about this bunk bed is that it does not swing back and forth or squeak at all. That is a total plus because most bunk beds always have that problem which is somehow a little annoying. The whole thing is very easy to assemble, and the instruction provided is very easy to understand. This bunk bed is functional and space-saving, and it makes a great option in any room designs.
- The bunk bed is sturdy and durable
- It does not sway back and forth or squeak
- It is easy to assemble, and it does not take long
- It comes with guardrails to ensure extra safety
- It wabbles from time to time especially when the weight of the person is above 200 pounds.
4. Twin Bunk Bed With Drawers by Discover World Furniture
The construction from solid wood makes this bunk bed super sturdy, durable, and of course, stylish. The most awesome part is that this bunk bed includes a built-in four-drawer chest for extra storage. So basically, this bunk bed does not only save space in your room but also provide more storage space as well. Each drawer is roomy enough to store some basic room objects like socks or study materials. Not to mention that there is a storage rack on the side of the stair section. There is a lot of space that this bunk bed offers, and it is probably the only one who does that. Another thing is that the staircase goes to either side of the bed to provide convenience in climbing. The design of the bed is stylish, and it makes a great option to choose for vintage or modern rooms.
- The design of this bunk bed is stylish, sturdy, and durable
- The bed come with drawers and racks to provide extra storage space
- It is very easy to assemble, and its quality lasts for years
- The stair is a little wiggly, but it works fine
5. Mission Bunk Bed by Donco
The solid design makes this bunk bed one of the best options to choose, and it is one of a kind. This bunk bed is made from high quality wood to ensure long lasting quality and performance as well as style. Its design is very simple yet stylish and modern enough to compliment any room types that you put it in. The solid design of the bed is to ensure that the whole thing can accompany users for years to come. The bed comes with guardrails on top for extra safety, and the stairs are very sturdy and durable. This mission bunk is very tough, and it is great to have in all kinds of rooms.
- The bed and the slats are very sturdy and durable
- The color and the design of this bunk bed is stylish and classic
- The bed is solid and strong, and it can easily accommodate two people
- It takes quite a while to assemble
6. Twin Over Twin Bed by Costzon
With sturdy metal construction, this metal bunk bed is very easy to use and assemble. It is made form heavy duty material to deliver durability so that it is strong enough to hold the weight. The front ladder of this bunk bed is versatile and strong, and it offers the right amount of support and safety. The kids can climb up to the bed without a single worry that it is going to break at all. That goes the same with the bed, it provides great comfort and support just the way you need for your children. Also, this bunk bed is very stylish, and it matches great with any décor style of the room. There is great space between the bed, and there are two colors that you can choose from so check them out.
- The construction from steel tube of the bunk bed is to provide extra durability and versatility
- The below bed provides space for users to sit straight comfortably
- The bunk bed is stylish and comfortable
- It is very easy to assemble
- It might take very long to assemble if you do it alone
7. Convertible Bunk Bed by King’s Brand
The combination of hardwood and veneers makes this bunk bed super durable and sturdy to use. The bed comes with arched curved along with 12 slats that you can split into two twin beds with ease. The design of the bed is to make sure that it is stylish enough to compliment any room you put it in. The size of the bed is just perfect to accommodate two people while saving space in the room. The ladders are durable and sturdy, and there are guardrails for top bunk sleepers to ensure extra safety. From the quality to the design, this bunk bed has them all and that is why you should check it out.
- The bed is very sturdy and durable
- The design is very beautiful and stylish
- It is very easy to assemble, and the guide is easy to follow
- The ladder takes quite a while to assemble
8. Solid Wood Mission Twin Bed by Palace Imports
The solid wood construction makes this twin bunk bed one of a cool kind to have in the room. The wood is thick and sturdy which means the whole thing is very durable and versatile. Each bed comes with 13 slats to provide ultimate support especially for sleepers who move a lot in their sleep. The rails are thick which is strong and durable enough to prevent falling during sleeping. The midbeam features heavy duty design for full bed to support extra weight, and that is not what every bunk bed has. This bunk bed is easy to assemble, and you can also convert it into two twin beds with ease.
- The bunk bed features high quality design to provide long lasting performance
- It is very strong and supportive which is ideal for all types of sleepers
- The materials is 100% solid wood which is very sturdy
- The bed is comfortable and convenient
- It takes quite a while to assemble
9. Modern Full Triple Bunk Bed by Furniture of America
This is another triple bunk bed with a unique design that you might want to take into consideration. This bunk bed features clean lines and bold corner legs to provide a sophisticated modern aesthetic appearance to the room. It comes with a modern design that can accommodate three people to sleep comfortably in each bed. The full metal construction of the bed is very sturdy and supportive, each bed can support up 300 pounds in weight. The guardrails of the top bunk are smooth, and each bed is super roomy for the best comfort for users. The design is clean and stylish, and this is one of the best options you really should check out.
- The metal design is sturdy and extra durable for a triple bunk bed
- There are guardrails for middle and top bunk bed for extra safety
- There is great space in each bed for movement during sleeping
- The bed is easy to put together
- It takes quite sometime to assemble the whole bed
10. Classic Metal Bunk Bed by Zinus
The unique thing about this metal bunk bed is that it comes with strong framed mattress support. That means you won’t have to worry about poor or bad support from the bed during sleeping anymore. At the same time, it also provides strong steel support without the need of box spring as well. Another thing is that it comes with the quick lock assembly function that makes the bed more secure and sturdy. Not to mention that there is no squeaking or shakiness on the bunk bed, your kids will surely love it. The whole thing is very durable and decent, and this bunk bed is very easy to put together. You won’t spend more than an hour to assemble this bed, the instruction is very clear and the process is super easy.
- The bed features patent pending quick lock for easy assemble
- The support from the bed is strong and sturdy
- Each bed can support up to 175 pounds of weight
- There are ladders on each side of the bed
- Not recommended for teenagers
You may also like to read this: Top 10 best robotic vacuum cleaners review
1 thought on “Top 10 Best Bunk Beds Review”
Pingback: Top 10 Best Family Tents Review - Bestreviewy.com
Comments are closed.