When you like traveling and taking photos, having a camera will definitely make everything complete. There are several best camera brands that are ideal for both beginners and pros out there. With them, you can use just one camera from the beginning till you improve your photograph skills. We are sure that you already know some best camera brands, and we are here to introduce you to some more. There are some high quality camera brands out there that work just as good as the famous ones but are way more affordable. Before we go to that, you may want to take a look at our buyer’s guide first. If you are a first timer, the tips below will be helpful for you in choosing the right cameras.
Camera Brands Buyer’s Guide
There are so many options of camera brands out there in the market, and that can be difficult for beginners. That is why this guide is here to help you out so that you will be able to get the camera of your dream. We have a few things that you have to have in mind in order to purchase a great quality camera. Check them out, things will be easier with the helpful tips from us below.
Types of Cameras
There is a long line of different types of cameras that you can choose from point-and-shoot to big fancy DSLRs. There are a couple of main camera types that you should go for including DSLR, mirrorless, compact point-and-shoots, and actions cams. Pick an option base on how you want to use the cameras so that it can fulfill your photography purposes. From shooting objects to landscapes, the choice is all yours. However, DSLRS and mirrorless are the most highly recommended options for they can do so much in photography.
Moreover, there are tons of features in a camera that photographers will and will not use. Point is to choose the camera with the important features that will be helpful to your photography. There are a few features that really matter in a camera such as manual mode, ISO, and megapixels.
Manual mode allows you to take full creative control over the exposure of an image. In manual mode, you are able to select aperture, shutter speed, and ISO by yourself for better control. That leads to better quality of the photos any way you want them to be. As for ISO, it controls how sensitive the camera’s sensor is to light which enables you to shoot in darker conditions. The higher the ISO, the more you can shoot in the dark without the need of a flash. While megapixels are the measure of the resolution of a camera that you can select to increase the image’s quality.
Weight & Size
When you are a traveler with a camera, the weight and the size of a camera matter a lot. You wouldn’t want to travel with a bulky and heavy camera that make things inconvenient at all, would you? Always go for a compact camera so that you easily bring them along with in order to take good photos with ease. At the same time, smaller cameras are very easy to take care of as well which is simply awesome. Bigger and heavier cameras are more for professionals who shoot in larger scales along with other gears. So for us travelers and regular users, the compact ones will definitely do the job.
In brief, with everything said, we hope that you know what you should look for in a camera now. To make things easy and fast for you, we have 10 best camera brands to introduce you today. Some of them are very well-known while the others are not albeit their similar high quality. Let’s take a look at some of our highly suggested camera brands below, one of them might be yours. Check them out!
1. Digital SLR Camera by Sony
We all know that Sony is a very well-known brand for digital devices, and cameras are one of their products. This camera right here comes with all the best features and functions that you will totally love. It delivers up to 12fps at 424MP continuous shooting with AE/AF tracking to provide the best photo quality. On top of that, you can bring it along with you to any part of the world at any temperature. This awesome camera still functions even in the coldest and the hottest weather which is super cool. You can use it to take great photos, record 4K quality videos, and more with convenience. Plus with its Wi-Fi / NFC code, you can easily transfer the file fast and easy no matter where you are. This camera is compact and durable, and you will not regret choosing Sony.
- The camera takes high quality photos and videos with quality
- The advanced autofocus features deliver the accuracy and quality in the images
- It is very easy to use both for beginners and pros
- The camera is lightweight and compact for easy portability
- Some users have problems with the joysticks
2. Mirrorless Camera by Nikon
Comes with the larger Z mount for revolutionary optimal performance, this mirrorless camera is one among the best. The awesome thing about this camera is that it provides corner-to-corner sharpness even at their widest aperture. That means you will be able to get the best quality of every image that you take. As for the lenses, it can gather more light to bring photos just the way you want. For videos, it can also capture cinematic 16:9 4K UHD/30p video in full frame as well. That means you will be able to shoot high quality videos just like a pro from this camera. From the quality to standard, this camera can deliver them all to your photos and videos. Plus with its compact and stylish design, you will totally love Nikon even more.
- It features the big upgrade that enhance the quality of the images and videos
- It can capture perfect quality photos and films in both indoor and outdoor
- The battery lasts long for the hours of use on a single charge
- The camera is comfortable to hold and use
- The weight of the camera is a little heavy
3. Digital Camera Kit by Panasonic
This kit is perfect for those who want to take their photography skill to the next level. The camera comes with everything complete to deliver high performance especially in low light gathering. That means you will be able to capture professional cinematic and anamorphic 4K video production with ease. With this camera, you will be able to take more high resolution pictures faster and better with less effort. At the same time, it also increase your shooting capacity at a longer duration as well. Its battery life lasts longer, and you can bring this camera with you no matter where you go easily. Plus, you can transfers photos and videos from your card to your PC quickly as well. The whole set includes everything useful along with cleaning kit for you to take care of your camera. The quality and performance from this camera are so worth the price, you will not regret this choice.
- The camera provides high quality photos and videos while requiring less effort from users
- The whole thing is compact and functional which is super easy and convenient to use
- Its battery life lasts longer on a single charge which you can use with more ease and comfort
- The whole set has everything you need to aid in photography and videography
- The camera is a little too small at some point
4. Digital Compact Camera by Leica
Not a well-known brand in camera industry, but Leica is also one of the best camera brands as well. This camera is built to deliver 24.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor so that taking pictures and videos will be easier. The incredible thing about this camera is that it delivers the accuracy in the photos at the smallest detail. On top of that, it even surpasses all other electronic viewfinders while the autofocus is outstanding and capturing. The coolest part is that its new update function that makes it possible for you to shoot DNG raw files separately. That means you will save space on your memory card and you no longer need to delete the unwanted JPG files. This camera is super functional and convenient to use, and the quality that it delivers is absolutely on top.
- The camera comes with simplified navigation to provide faster shooting
- It captures high quality photos and videos at lower size to save space in the memory card
- The colors in both images and films are vivid and bright while the focus is laser sharp
- The build of the camera is solid and durable to provide quality for long term use
- It does not come with a storage bag
5. Smart Digital Camera by Samsung
Samsung is also one of the best camera brands as well, and this camera is the proof of one. With the advanced elements that facilitate full manual control at a touch of a button, it is ideal for both beginners and pros. The unique thing about this camera is that it has smart features that you can share and transfer files online. You can upload your photos and videos on social media, email, photo beam, direct link, mobile link, and more. Plus with the extended battery life, this camera can take up to 500 shots per charge which is super cool. Not to mention the 60x optical zoom for stunning long distance shots with ease, Leica will not fail you. Its unique design also makes it one of a kind as well, this is definitely one stylish camera to bring along with.
- The dual-grip design and solid professional appearance makes it comfortable and easy to hold
- This camera delivers high quality images and videos even in low lighting areas
- You can also use it to record full HD video recording at high quality as well
- The longer battery life provides more shots per charge
- The autofocus function on the camera is error sometimes
6. Mirrorless Digital Camera by Olympus
Mirrorless is one of the best cameras that many photographers prefer to use since it delivers some great quality. The quality that makes this camera unique is that it is fast, durable, and versatile which is different from most cameras out there. This camera offers a broad range of stills and video-minded functionally at the highest quality. As for video shootings, it delivers up to 4K recording modes along with a time-lapse movie mode to produce 4K time-lapse sequences. On top of that, you can use it to shoot in difficult lighting conditions while the sensor-shirt-type-5-axis image stabilization helps through. It can minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and the quality will be better.
- The camera delivers premium quality of the photos and videos at a fast speed
- The quality of the camera itself is durable and versatile while it is compact for easy portability
- The accuracy of the images is sharp and crisp
- The support from the company is a little slow sometimes
7. Mirrorless Digital Camera by Fujifilm
With the new function, this camera can reduce moire and false colors to dramatically improve image quality for you. That means you don’t have to worry about the more quality images and videos from the camera anymore. At the same time, it also comes with advanced hybrid multi viewfinder featuring a multi-magnification function that automatically switches view-finder. On top of that, this camera has many prerequisites of a professional camera including dust-resistance, water-resistance, and the ability to work in low temperature. Not to mention the 61 weatherproof seals around its body, this camera is definitely one of the best to choose.
- The camera comes with high performance sensor that improves image quality
- It delivers accurate and high quality images on a single shot
- The rugged body of the camera is weather resistant
-It has the ability to produce grain effect
- The camera tends to overheat during hot days
8. CMOS Sensor DSLR Camera by Pentax
We all know that shooting while walking in a windy environment is somehow not easy. That is why this camera is one of the best for you, it provides shake reduction for better quality. Also, this amazing camera comes with handheld pixel shift resolution that allows 4 images to be complied into a superior image. That means the images will have increased color rendition and sharpness which is simply awesome. The functions do not end there, it even comes with engine accelerometer for reduced image noise as well. This feature is to provide faster focusing and increased image sharpness on top of its existing sharpness. The body of the camera is weather resistant, and you can bring it along with no matter where you go.
- This model offers excellent and super high sensitivity imaging performance
- It comes with noise reduction function for a better quality in the images
- The camera brings smooth, fast, and quiet autofocus performance
- The body of the camera is weatherproof
- It can be too small for users with big hands
9. Pocket Cinema Camera by Blackmagic Design
Want a mini camera that can capture high resolution images and videos? You are looking at one right now. Comes with a compact size that fits perfectly in your hands no matter where you go, this camera is so portable. Along with that portability, this camera also delivers great quality in every image and video it records as well. As a matter of fact, it can record 4K cinematic video quality better than some famous camera brands out there. Its 13 stops of dynamic range and two native ISO captures high quality photos and videos. You won’t find a camera at this price with such functions. Plus with its durability and handheld design, this camera will definitely be your companion no matter where you go.
- This camera provides high quality images and 4K cinematic videos
- It is compact, lightweight, and durable for long term use
- It can shoot in 4K raw with best quality
- You have to purchase lens, disks, and batteries separately
10. Full Frame Mirrorless Camera by Lumix
Lumix is a camera from Panasonic, and the quality of this one is also as great as the other brands in the list. This camera comes with a full frame sensor that delivers a wide dynamic range and excellent performance at high sensitivity. More than that, it also comes with 187MP high resolution mode so that you can take high resolution landscapes and fine art photos. This rugged mirrorless camera is even resistant to dust, splash, and freeze so that it can withstand heavy field use under harsh conditions. It works great and the quality of photos and videos it delivers is amazing, you really should check it out.
- This camera offers realistic detail, focus, and image stabilization for clarity
- It features high resolution mode for ultra detailed imaging
- The camera is tough which is ideal for any weather conditions outdoor
- You have to the buy the battery separately