With modern technology, there are many things you can do with a scanner at your office and home without going to a copy center. When you have a document scanner, you will be able to scan documents, images, books, graphics, and many more easily. There are many types of scanners out there on the market, the question is what purpose do you want to use it. Some scanners require software to work while the others can work wirelessly which is very convenient. We have a buyer’s guide that you can take a look before making a decision to purchase document scanners, so check it out.
Document Scanners Buyer’s Guide
Document scanners is very helpful in the office at some point, and we will show you what to look for when buying one. The guide below, we have put together some helpful tips along with 10 best document scanners that you can take into consideration. Read the guide to get some ideas first, then picking the best document scanners won’t be any difficult. Here are a few things that you should not overlook in a document scanners, so check them out.
Moreover, there are different types of scanners that you should know, and each of them does things differently. Those document scanners are:
1. Hand Scanners: are affordable option that is ideal for home use. It is compact and easy to bring along with to places due to its portable size. It can be a little complicated to use, but it is one of the best choices for home users.
2. Flatbed Scanners: have operation that is similar to a photocopier, and it is suitable for scanning photos, documents, and even books. Some types of this scanner comes with an upper transparency unit that allows you to digitize negatives and slides. It offers a high scanning resolution, and it is ideal for home, office, or commercial use.
3. Photo & Slide Scanners: allow you to digitize paper photos, negative strips, and slides in high quality. This type comes with automatic feeder for paper photos up to about 10 x 15 cm. It is a bit expensive, but the quality that it delivers is undeniably amazing.
4. Feed Scanners: is similar to a fax machine, and it is designed for batch scanning of documents and documents. This is the type of scanners that we are going to talk about today. It provides high scanning speed, and it offers a high scan resolution with its compact dimensions.
The second thing to look for in a document scanner is the connectivity that it comes with. It is 2019, you should always go for the one that is convenient enough for you to you can connect via USB or WLAN. As for modern scanners, they come with scan-to-cloud and scan-to-PDF feature which is even faster and easier to use.
In short, you cannot overlook the resolution that the scanners provide because it affects the whole process. Each scanner has different quality of DPI (dots per inch), and DPI represents the scanning resolution. The higher the maximum DPI value of a scanner, the better the quality you will get. So before you purchase a certain document scanner, don’t forget to find that part.
In case you want some helps with choosing the perfect document scanners, you are at the right place. We also picked out some high quality document scanners that you can take a look at as well. Below we have 10 of the best document scanners that you can have for home or office use. Each of them is good in their way, only you who can decide which one is the best and most perfect. So take a look at the options, don’t forget to pick one or two.
- 1. Duplex Document Scanner by Epson
- 2. Color Duplex Document Scanner by Fujitsu
- 3. Mobile Color Page Scanner by Brother
- 4. High Definition Portable Scanner by iCODIS
- 5. Smart Document Scanner by Doxie
- 6. Document Scanner by Kodak
- 7. High Speed Document Scanner by Plustek
- 8. imageFormula Document Scanner by Canon
- 9. Magic Wand Portable Scanner by VuPoint Solutions
- 10. Eko Color Duplex Document Scanner by Fujitsu
1. Duplex Document Scanner by Epson
Want to scan stacks of paper at a time? This is the type of document scanner that you are looking for. With a single-step technology, this document scanner can capture both sides of the paper is just one pass. How cool is that, right? That is not all, this document scanner is compatible with most software for easy connection which is super cool. The scanner even comes with built-in nuance optical character recognition that create searchable PDFs and editable word and excel files. It works fast and accurate, and it does not miss even a single page. Plus with the maximum resolution that it provides, this document scanner is definitely one of a kind. It is compact, easy to use and operate, and it is perfect to have for busy offices.
- It can scan both sides of paper in just one pass which is quick and time saving
- You can feed up to 50 pages in the stack to scan
- This document scanner can scan paper, cards, receipts, and more
- It comes with powerful software and standard connectivity
- You cannot link it with multiple computers, it works with only one computer
2. Color Duplex Document Scanner by Fujitsu
In case you are looking for a functional document scanner for large scale scanning, this is definitely the one. This is one good document scanner that comes with double-sided scanning feature along with advanced paper feeding system. It even has a large touchscreen that allows you to easily scan your document more conveniently as well. You can use this document scanner to scan your document, cards, photos, and many other files. It works well with USB cable or Wi-Fi which you can easily connect with you laptop, tablet, and other devices. The scanning speed is fast and accurate, and its quality is also durable for long term use as well.
- The scanner works fast and accurate, and creates unique user profiles to save information
- It comes with ScanSnap Home software that organize your documents using folders, tags, and search
- It is very easy to use and operate, and anyone can use it
- Its connectivity also works well and smooth
- There are no TWAIN / WIA scanner drivers
3. Mobile Color Page Scanner by Brother
For small offices that need a compact document scanner, we have one recommended option for you. This is a compact, portable, and lightweight document scanner that does not take up too much space yet easy to use. This document scanner is so portable you can bring it along with you in your bag. It is the powerful scanner that does its work professionally with great quality for you. It scans up to 1200 x 1200 DPI resolution at a great speed with both color and black & white. This scanner can scan a variety of materials from paper to plastic ID cards. On top of that, it includes a package of scanning software to help you manage and distribute information as well. This document scanner is compact and functional, and it is among the best option to choose.
- It is the powerful scanner with compact size for easy portability and mobility
- It can scan a variety of document and files from paper to photos
- It delivers great scanning quality with fast speed
- This scanner is very easy to use
- It can only scan one page at a time which is not ideal for large scale use
4. High Definition Portable Scanner by iCODIS
It indeed looks totally different from most document scanners that you have seen, but it works amazingly well. Using the latest technologies, this portable scanner has a number of functions to provide convenience for you. Those functions include intelligent continuous shoot, optical character recognition, SDK & TWAIN, automatic correction, and more. Plus with its powerful function that can scan all files within A3 and LED fill light, this document scanner is among the best. The cool part is that it is the multipurpose scanner that offers video recording and real time projecting for various work. This document scanner is collapsible and portable, and it is super stable to use.
- This scanner recognizes multiple languages for easy convert any scanned pages to editable docs
- It can handle documents as large as A3 format, and it can scan many types of paper
- It features automatic continuous scanning with period time setting
- It is collapsible, reliable, and durable for long term use
- It cannot scan glossy document because the lights reflects on the paper
5. Smart Document Scanner by Doxie
This is a smart document scanner that comes with Wi-Fi ready so that you can sync your data anywhere you are. On top of that, it features rechargeable battery so that you can bring along with to places and scan on-the-go. All you need to do is insert your paper to scan full-color pages that takes just 8 seconds. This document scanner can scan up to 400 pages per charge, and it can store up to 4000 pages before the sync. With all awesome functions, this scanner is very compact and lightweight which is easy to bring along with. Its scanning quality is clear and accurate, and it can scan both color as well as black & white pages. The price and the quality are great, this might be your next document scanner.
- You can use this scanner to scan wirelessly without the need of computer at all
- It is compact, portable, and lightweight which is easy to bring along with
- The scanner delivers crisp and clean copies of your documents in full color
- Its battery is rechargeable for easy use no matter where you go
- The setup of the Wi-Fi is a bit complicated at first
6. Document Scanner by Kodak
This document scanner comes with the ability to scan a mix of paper documents, IDs, and others. That means it can capture information quickly and efficiently, and it scans with quality that you will love. More than that, it comes with smart touch technology that allows you to perform up to 9 different tasks. Also, you can instantly view the number of documents scanned or paper ready status via the graphical display panel. This scanner also provides users with useful information to help avoid and resolve errors when needed. The whole thing is small, compact, and it works quietly which is a total plus. Simple and easy to use, you really should check out this one.
- It delivers good image quality and tone
- The scanner works at great speed without making any noise
- It allows users to perform up to 9 different tasks with a push of a button
- It does not work is MacOS
7. High Speed Document Scanner by Plustek
For those who scan a lot and look for a decent document scanner that works fast, this is the one. Here we have a powerful document scanner that delivers quick scanning with great storage space. Its functions include image auto rotate, auto crop, auto deskew, black page removal, and character enhancement. These are added to provide convenience for scanning document in small office and home use. The unique thing about this scanner is that it can scan simplex and duplex document in just one touch. It is compact, and it comes with a 50 sheet auto document feeder that allows you to breeze through stacks of document. No matter if they are business cars or photos, this scanner can scan them all for you.
- The scanner delivers quick and easy organization for less paper clutter
- It delivers high quality scanning in both color and black & white document
- The design of the scanner is compact which is space saving
- It scans fast and accurate, and it is super easy to use
- Paper jam occurs sometimes during scanning, but not too often
8. imageFormula Document Scanner by Canon
Comes with an easy-to-use front-side-forward and top-up item feeding, this scanner can eliminate the need to flip document for you. Plus with its full auto mode, it also automatically adjusts multiple settings with a single click. At the same time, it delivers high image quality shadow cropping for the best and professional quality. The cool part is that it features auto resulting that can scan mixed batches text documents and photographs with ease. This document scanner also comes with a space saving design which takes up very little space on your desk. It is ideal for general purpose, and this is one of the best document scanners that you can take into consideration.
- This document scanner is flexible and reliable for easy and long term use
- It can handle a wide variety of document types from thick to thin
- It delivers high image quality without taking too much time to scan
- The scanner is compact and space saving
- It is more ideal for light use, we would recommend a bigger one if you have a lot to scan
9. Magic Wand Portable Scanner by VuPoint Solutions
With this size, you can bring this portable scanner with you no matter where you go. The scanner is compact and portable, and it comes with a drawstring pouch for easy storage and portability. It can convert both your new or old photos and documents in both color and black & white as PDF or JPEG. On top of that, it includes an optical software that allows you to convert saved documents into editable text as well. There are different options of resolution that you can select, and this scanner is definitely a great choice to choose.
- This scanner is compact, portable, and very easy to use
- It can scan documents, photos, newspapers, and any smooth surface documents
- The scanning quality is high in resolution
- It does not deal very well with documents with wrinkles or creases
10. Eko Color Duplex Document Scanner by Fujitsu
Here we have a document that is very easy to use when it comes to managing paperwork and decluttering your desk space. This scanner can deliver fast double-sided color scanning of up to 20 pages per minute. More than that, it is also a twain complaint scanner that provides excellent image quality of up to 600 DPI. On top of that, it comes with 50 page automatic document feed that makes scanning more convenient. This document scanner is very easy to set up, and you can generate a handful of PDF files for you. From quality to great performance, this scanner has them all which is why it is one of the highly recommended options. Check it out and see if you like this option.
- The scanner helps you to manage paperwork and declutter the desk space
- This scanner is compact and space saving
- It delivers fast scanning which is time saving and convenient
- It provides high image quality to every document it scans
- It is not compatible with Mac