A portable air conditioner is a self-contained portable system for cooling single room. It is also called small portable indoor air conditioner which combining an air conditioner, dehumidifier, fan and heater all into one; plus, the full-function remote control. These types of air conditioners are commonly used in bedrooms, office, classroom, server room, garage, and many other high-cooling demand settings. With this portable ac unit, you can stay cool all day in your room in this summer. For that reason, we are now collecting the top 10 best air conditioner brands review that will help you choosing the right product to use in your room for this next warmest season of the year.
What are the reasons that you should buy the portable air conditioner to your home?
If you are looking for the product that can either cool or heat your room temperature, the portable air conditioner is the best choice for you. This kind of ac unit can be easily installed by your own. You can move it around anywhere in your house/room with its 4-wheel. As well, saving your electricity with the eco-friendly one. And last but not least, this kind of product will just make a little noise but thatâs quite bearable.
Why should you buy the products that listed in this article?
It has always been a tough decision whenever you want to buy any product online. Choosing the best product can be really exhausting you if you are not familiar with the features. Consequently, you have to go to each product detail/description or review in order to get to know the product very well. When you are satisfied, you can proceed with your choice. Despite that, as we have seen and understand your difficult task, we have done collecting the top 10 best products with a brief information which you are needed.
10. Honeywell MM14CHCS 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner.
The Honeywell 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with 12,000 BTU Heat Pump is allowed you to operate each feature from across the room with full function remote control. It is a 4 in 1 unit which including an air conditioner, fan, dehumidifier, and heater. This room air conditioner is coming with digital led display, precise feature-touch controls and full-function remote control. It does not only have 3 speeds and automatic on/off timer from 1-24 hours but this 14,000 btu air conditioner is such a powerful air flow that can cool your room in any kind of hot condition with the quiet operation, 55 dbas.
- Coming with wheels already on it.
- With no water to drain, the auto-evaporation system allows for hours of continuous operation.
- Fan is a bit loud.
9. Whynter 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner (ARC-10WB).
Leading free and getting high energy efficiency portable ac unit, Whynter is one of the modern design in all types of air conditioners with new CFC free. It features CFC free r-410a refrigerant, lead free rohs compliant component. Consequently, this room air conditioner is reducing energy consumption and keeping with the better environmental standard. Apart from that, Whynter is coming with self-evaporative system â exhausts most of all condensate under average ambient conditions. If you are having the spaces up to 300 sq. ft, this 10,000 btu air conditioner is highly recommended as it is still cooling the capacity with its three operational modes: air conditioner, fan and dehumidifier.
- Has a variety of modes in which it can be used, including standard AC operation, fan mode, and dehumidifier mode
- Take up less space than the two standing fans
- A bit loud in its operation
8. Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner.
Another new Eco-friendly CFC free, Whynter 14,000 btu dual hose portable air conditioner is dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day with 3 fan speeds. The dual hose operation provides fast cooling. With 500 sq. ft. space, this portable ac unit can still cool up. Besides, this air conditioner btu 14,000 is coming with three operational modes such as air conditioner, fan and dehumidifier and it has remote control, washable pre-filter, carbon air filter, and product manual packaged inside which is really helpful for the users. Furthermore, this indoor portable air conditioner has full thermostatic control (61Â°F – 89Â°F) with digital readout, also it is containing the 24-hour programmable timer.
- An eco-friendly CFC free GREEN R-410A refrigerant
- Leading free RoHS compliant components
- Doesnât have heater function
7. LG 12,000 BTU 115V Portable Air Conditioner with LCD Remote Control.
If you are looking for an LED display panel, this model is really fit your demand. LG 12,000 btu room air conditioner is offering with an LED display panel and LCD full-function remote control. With the programmed 24-hour on/off timer, you are able to control the temperature even when you are far away. As well, this indoor portable air conditioner contains 3 fan speeds, 3 cooling speeds and every save mode. With a room, up to 400 sq. ft, it is still cool thing up. The dehumidification is up to 1.2 pints per hour which could mix the cool dry air with the warm air in order to keep you feel comfortable and prevent over-cooling. This LG portable air conditioner uses standard 115V electrical outlet.
- Programmable 24-hour on/off time
- Quiet and powerful with no vibrations or rattles
- Very easy to install
6. Madoats 27-inch Portable Evaporative Air Cooler Small Portable Air Conditioner.
This model is combining with indoor air conditioning, portable pan, air circulator and air freshener which will be able to make you feel cool in your Summer Relaxed very well. It is a 27-ich portable evaporative air cooler which is the low power consumption with only 70W. With this very low energy consumption as a simple circular fan and much cheaper than running an air conditioner, Madoats, small portable air conditioner also be a non-Freon pollution which adding some ice to increase the cooling is available. Besides, it a very environmentally friendly and low cost product. Whatâs more, Madoats is very convenient and portable since this room cooler approximate 20lb with four removable wheels.
- Be able to add some ice
- No need any refrigerant
- Very environmental friendly
- Putting ice with water for cooling air if the room temperature is quite high
5. Whynter 8,000 BTU Eco-Friendly Portable Air Conditioner.
If you donât like the permanent installation of any air conditioner in your room, Whynter ARC-08WB portable air conditioner can cool practically any space without needed certain installation. This eco-friendly portable ac unit is a self-evaporative system â exhausts most or all condensate under average ambient conditions. It is coming with remote control â full functionality and three operational mode: air conditioner, fan and dehumidifier. It is also ungraded plastic window kit included. The maximum window kit length 48â, Minimum window kit length 26.5â. Likewise, the special thing about this product is the CFC free r-410a refrigerant, lead free rohs compliant components.
- Easy to install
- Self-evaporation is a huge plus
- Saving the electricity
- A little noisy
4. LG LP0817WSR 8,000 BTU 115V Portable Air Conditioner.
This LG 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner brand has two fan speeds and two cooling speeds for flexibility. It makes the user convenient with the LED display panel and LCD remote control plus the programmable 24 hours on and off timer, thus you can control your portable ac unit even when you are not there. Top of that, this portable unit is a free-standing product which blends in with any room decor with a sleek contemporary design. Addition to that, this model can cool a room up to 200 sq. ft. with up to 1.8 pints per hour dehumidification.
- Easy to install
- Not much noise
- Cool the room fast
- Pretty big size
3. Luma Comfort EC111B Portable Evaporative Cooler.
Luma comfort EC111B is one of the best portable evaporative coolers for hot and dry climates, where the air humidity is low. While it is working as an air cooler, it also has tower fan and humidifier in one unit. Moreover, this portable ac unit is not only refreshes your home but it also can lower your indoor temperature by as much as 20 degree to 30 degree. More than this, in the hottest conditions this type of air conditioner still can blow a fresh breeze with its 3 cooling speeds and wind modes. Luma EC111B will be able to cover up to 250 sq. ft.
- Quick and simple to set up
- Light enough to pick up
- Water tank needs to be filled twice per day
2. MareLight Brand New Room Refresher Air Cooler.
The CaribbeanBlue air cooler from MareLight brings the cool breeze in to your home even on the hottest summer day. It pushes a refreshing breeze at 3 speeds thought its slats in horizontal or vertical vibration, even if the air everywhere else is stagnant. This room portable ac unit is not only refreshing your home but it is also an environment friendly air cooling by water evaporation. It consumers a very low power which is only 70 watts. This device is a combination of 3 units: fan, air conditioner and air fresher. As well, this type of indoor air conditioner can be easily removed and cleaned all filters by hand.
- Easy to fill, clean, move and store
- Not very big
- Only need water for cooling
- Not really cool with quite bigger room
1. Madoats 9.5-inch Super Mini Portable Air Conditioner.
Here is the super small portable air conditioner you can find. Madoats, mini air conditioner is a very convenient unit to carry around and quiet stand alone on your study or office work desk, on your bedroom dresser, living room table, or next to your adorable pets, etc. With this 9.5inch indoor portable ac, you can put some ice cube or drop some essential oils to the water, Fragrance and getting back the feeling of a stronger refrigeration air with quiet wind will come out. Besides, there is a multi-function such as evaporative air cooler, desk fan, air circulator, and spray air humidifier in one. Enjoy your moist cooling summer!
- Easy to use and pretty quiet
- Can be used in a small space
- Keep it away from dry air
1. Be sure to keep your door closed whenever you are using the portable air conditioner because it will work best in the closed space as the warm air is not being introduced and the cool air can continue to circulate.
2. Turn on the portable air conditioner at least an hour before you need it. Itâs more effective and energy efficient to turn it on during the early morning or late afternoon hours, when the temperature is cooler. The portable air conditioner wonât work too hard to cool the room down.
3. Last and foremost, the filter in an AC unit is always needed to be clean with regular basis. Unfortunately, the frequency in which you need to change or clean the filter depends on the air conditioning model you own.
1. What can you use to clean air conditioner?
- Air Conditioner Cleaning Kit
- Nu-Calgon 4171-75 Evap Foam No Rinse Evaporator Coil Cleaner, 18 oz.
- Air Conditioner Salt Remover: Coastal A/C Coil Cleaner – Rust and Corrosion Control for Your Outside System
2. How do you clean a portable air conditioner?
- First, turn off the A/C at the thermostat and shut off the power to the condensing unit.
- Remove the top of the condenser.
- Now with the top off, we should be able to remove our caging.
- Clean out the debris in the base of the unit
- Comb out the smashed fins.
- Presoak the unit.
- Spray the coils down with your cleaner mix.